All Seasons Pampered Paws Recipe
Your dogs paw pads are constantly in contact with different surfaces through the day. Some of which may be concrete, asphalt, ice, snow, grass and possibly even sand when they are out walking, running, playing and climbing. All of this can lead to dry, cracked and even injured paw pads.
4 Tips to help you care for your dogs paws:
- Make it a habit of examining your dog’s paw pads a couple times each week, especially during very cold winters and hot dry summers. Dry, cracked paw pads are common when dogs spend time walking on ice and snow and hot concrete and asphalt.
- Wipe your dog’s feet with a PogiWipe when you return from winter or summer walks. I know, it seems like over-kill but the salt on sidewalks and roads as well as toxic chemical ice-melting products can stick to their feet, damage their paw pads and cause pain if it gets into the foot pad cracks.
- Be proactive – Pamper your pups paws *before they have cracked by applying salve so your dog will not be in pain and so dirt will not enter the cracks and cause infection.
- Apply Pampered Paws Salve in all seasons to keep your dogs pads pliable and healthy – free from chafe and dryness! (recipe below)
Pampered Paws Salve Recipe & Supplies:
6-1 oz tins or a small jars with lid and a small pot or double boiler
- 2 tbsp. olive, sunflower, or sweet almond oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil 1 tbsp. shea butter
- 4 tsp. beeswax
- 5-10 drops of blueberry scented essential oil (optional)
In a small pot or double boiler. Slowly melt the oils, shea butter, and beeswax. Stir continuously until it’s all melted and well blended. Pour the mixture into container. Let cool on the counter until hard.
You will find that this salve penetrates deeply and quickly. Your pups paws will truly be pampered!