Dog Kibble DIY Recipe
Our fur-family can’t get enough of this healthy and super-easy to make dog ‘kibble.” It’s loaded with chicken and liver, so no wonder why! The ingredient options are pretty limit-less with this recipe so your pet will be sure to appreciate your effort making this yummy kibble. I’ll include a few ingredient alternatives below for you. Here’s how we do dog kibble for our dogs.
- Start with 1 cup powdered milk
In another bowl, whisk three large eggs
- 1 jar chicken baby food
- 1/2 cup liver
- 1/3 cup oil and 1 cup meat broth, vegetable broth or water
- 2 Tbsp multivitamin powder – We use Halo brand.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together to create thick dough similar to bread. Add more flour as needed
* If your dog is sensitive to wheat/wheat gluten, brown rice flour and potato flour are good alternatives.
Spread the dough onto a cookie sheet. The dough should be 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick depending on the size of your dog. A little thinner for small dogs. Using a pizza cutter or knife, lightly cut the desired kibble sizes into the dough but do not go all the way through. This will make it easier to break it into kibble pieces when cooking is complete.
Place in the oven for about one hour or so depending on the thickness of your dough. You’ll know it’s ready when the dough turns brown and begins to harden. Remove and allow it to cool and harden. Break kibble into small bite size pieces.
- You could easily adapt this to be vegetarian or you could easily switch out the chicken and liver for beef.
- Store your kibble in an airtight container until feeding time.
- Keep in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Makes about seven cups.
Hello, My name is Christina. I have been a groomer for 3 years. Bred Yorkshire Terriers exclusively for 14 years prior to that, with full attention to health, structure and AKC standards. All while being a Nurse. Nursing is my life-work, dogs are my hearts-work. Yes, I’m dog obsessed! They have a way of tying themselves to your heart <3